Burlington Police Department

Golf Cart Permits are required each year.  The permit will be issued upon the requirements being fulfilled as laid out in the Burlington Golf Cart Ordinance. The annual fee is $25 payable to the town and expires on May 31 of the following year.

VIN checks can be done for vehicles/trailers in town limits.  VIN checks are $5, payable to the town.

Accident Reports are $5 payable to the town.

Gun Permits 
There are several steps to obtaining a gun permit.   If the person applying resides in the town limits of Burlington, contact the Town Marshal.  If outside town limits, contact the Carroll County Sherrif's Department at (765) 564-2413. 

For a person residing in the town limits of Burlington, the steps are as follows:

1.  Fill out and return a Criminal History Background Check form.  Forms are available at the Town Hall Office.
2.  Once the Criminal History Background Check comes back with a proceed status, apply for your permit at https://firearms.ariesportal.com/. There is a fee involved. 
3.  Have digital fingerprints done at an approved site.  http://www.l1enrollment.com/locations/?st=in
Locations include Kokomo, Logansport, Frankfort and Lafayette.  Appointment for fingerprinting must be made online or via phone.  There is a fee for fingerprinting.
4.  Bring proof of payment for state fee and proof of fingerprinting to Town Marshal.
5.  Permit will arrive in the mail.